Annual Action Plan
ACTION PLAN FOR 2015-16
|COMPONENT||PLANNED WORKS||ANTICIPATED OUTCOME||BUDGET PROVISION
|Eco-restoration of degraded forests; Three models, Eco-restoration model I, II and II||Survey & demarcation of plantation sites, Silvicultural operation, Plantation sites protection measures, Advance Soil Work, Nursery work, Development of Modem Nurseries. Soil/water Conservation works, strengthening of chal-khal/ponds in villages, fodder development, plantation of fruit trees involving villagers.||1) Preparatory work before taking up plantation works in 2016.
2)Raising of quality seedling would lead to enhanced success.
|Bio-diversity Conservation & Wildlife Management||Selection of villages for preparingPeople’s Bio- diversity Registers, Preparation of PBRs and Capacity building of Community||1) Enhanced awareness among people about their bio-resources
2) Better conservation of bio-resources
|Identification of wildlife hotspots with respect to man-animal conflict and formation of Primary Response Teams (PRTs) and Quick Response Teams (QRTs)||1)Groundwork for planning activities related to human- wildlife conflict
2)Teams better equipped to deal with wildlife conflict situations2) Better conservation of bio-resources
|Livelihood Improvement and Community Development||Community Mobilization & Micro-planning and NGO deployment for marketing support and field coordinators Deployment of Animators at VP level, Survey ofVPs, Exposure Visits ofVPs and Capacity building of Animators in 150 first batch VPs. Development of eco- tourism center at Madan- Negi, identification of potential tourism sites and circuits in the Project area. Capacity building of community related to eco- tourism activities. Construction/development of community based eco- tourism destinations and other facilities like village homes at NunaDevrapani top, Titalikhet in Almora district.||1)Preparation of micro- plans based on ground reality.
2)Better interface with Van Panchayats and villagers.
3)Realistic planning for income generation activities.
4)Capacity building of VPs and Animators.
5)Ground work for enhancing potential of eco-tourism.
6)Creation of facilities at tourist destinations.
7)Creation of facilities for promoting home stays in villages.
|Entry-Point Activities NTFT-based enterprise development||Construction ofNCE building, Construction of storage space at NTFP Mandis (Bibiwala and Ramnagar), Enterprise development, identification of clusters and community mobilization||I) Institutional arrangement for NTFP support.
2) Platform for livelihood and income generation activities.
|Consulting Services (Project Management Consultancy)||5,20,00,000/-|
|Others Supportive Activities||Procurement of vehicles, Training of Project staff, Publicity, Capacity building of executive agencies PMU/DMU/FMU. Exposure trips, Capacity building of SHGs and Monitoring & evaluation activities- baseline survey, socio-economic and physical annual review at State level.||1)Better mobility of the Project Team.
3)Better awareness about the Project
4) Generation of baseline data for further assessment of the Project delivery.
|Erosion Control & Sediment Disaster Mitigation||a)Identification of sites and execution of works related to slope failures and forest roads uptoRs. 5 Lakh per site by the forest department.
b)Identification of Major sites, preparation of estimates, bids, procurement of contractors with the help of Project Management Consultancy.
c)Actual construction of works by contractors at Major sites.
|1) Slope stabilization
2) Opening of forest road network
3) Facilitation of movement in rural areas
4) Management of difficult landslides with the help of Project Management Consultancy
|VAT/LocalTaxesand Service Tax||3,60,00,000/-|
- Micro-Planning in VPs.
- Entry Point Activities (EPAs) for developing rapport with the community.
- Vegetation mapping using differential GPS in the first and second batch of VPs.
- Eco-restoration of degraded forests (on the basis of interventions planned in respective micro-plans), including fodder development in VPs, rejuvenation of water bodies (Chal-Khal) and distribution of seedlings having fodder and fruit value to villagers for plantations in private lands.
- Establishment of Model Nurseries (in Forest Divisions) for supply of plants to VPs.
- Formation/adoption of SHGs in first batch of VPs (150).
- Capacity Building of VPs/SHGs and Uttarakhand Forest Department.
- Exposure visits for all the stakeholders.
- Selection of potential Income Generating Activities (IGAs).
- Development of business models for SHGs.
- Formation of clusters for development of market linkages in first batch of VPs.
- Selection of second batch of VPs (250).
- Strategy for convergence with other schemes for community development.
- Selection of major sites under sediment disaster mitigation component with the help of PMC.
- Preparation of estimates, bid documents for the selected sites for execution of works with the help of PMC.
- Procurement of contractors for execution of works listed at 14 and 15 above.
- Construction of NTFP, Centre of Excellence (NCE).
- Community Based Eco-tourism; finalization of destinations/ eco-tourism circuits, construction of facilities and capacity building of community at Titalikhet (Soni area), Devrapani and Nuna top in Almora district.
- Bio-diversity conservation initiatives; selection of Sacred Groves.
- Identification of wildlife hotspots with respect to man-animal conflict and formation of Primary Response Teams (PRTs) and Quick Response Teams (QRTs).