The Project activities have now started in the field (VPs) in 2015-16. All the preparatory activities, which were required to be completed before the Project goes to the field are now complete. Rapport building with the community (VPs) in all the VPs selected in first batch has started and first round of meetings with respect to micro-planning exercise have been organized.It is a part of preparation for the micro-planning activities, which would form the basis for all the interventions to be carried out in the field.
1. Micro-Planning in VPs.
2. Entry Point Activities (EPAs) for developing rapport with the community.
3. Vegetation mapping using differential GPS in the first and second batch of VPs.
4. Eco-restoration of degraded forests (on the basis of interventions planned in respective micro-plans), including fodder development in VPs, rejuvenation of water bodies (Chal-Khal) and distribution of seedlings having fodder and fruit value to villagers for plantations in private lands.
5. Establishment of Model Nurseries (in Forest Divisions) for supply of plants to VPs.
6. Formation/adoption of SHGs in first batch of VPs (150).
7. Capacity Building of VPs/SHGs and Uttarakhand Forest Department.
8. Exposure visits for all the stakeholders.
9. Selection of potential Income Generating Activities (IGAs).
10. Development of business models for SHGs.
11. Formation of clusters for development of market linkages in first batch of VPs.
12. Selection of second batch of VPs (250).
13. Strategy for convergence with other schemes for community development.
14. Selection of major sites under sediment disaster mitigation component with the help of PMC.
15. Preparation of estimates, bid documents for the selected sites for execution of works with the help of PMC.
16. Procurement of contractors for execution of works listed at 14 and 15 above.
17. Construction of NTFP, Centre of Excellence (NCE).
18. Community Based Eco-tourism; finalization of destinations/ eco-tourism circuits, construction of facilities and capacity building of community at Titalikhet (Soni area), Devrapani and Nuna top in Almora district.
19. Bio-diversity conservation initiatives; selection of Sacred Groves.
20. Identification of wildlife hotspots with respect to man-animal conflict and formation of Primary Response Teams (PRTs) and Quick Response Teams (QRTs).